Wild garlic is a springtime herb with an intense garlic flavour and a slightly bitter undertone. It is a perfect ingredient to create a delicious sauce for your pasta or a rice dish. In this recipe we use fresh wild garlic to create a creamy and spicy sauce that will make your taste buds sing. Together with pasta or rice cooked al dente, this is a simple yet sophisticated dish that you can prepare in no time at all.
Wild garlic sauce
1 spring onion or 1 onion
1 clove of garlic
Salt & pepper
1 pinch of nutmeg
100 ml white wine
100 ml water
½ cup whipped cream
1 cup crème fraîche
200 g fresh wild garlic
- Cut the spring onion into small pieces.
- Chop the garlic.
- In the meantime, heat some olive oil in a pan and sauté the finely chopped spring onion.
- Add the garlic and fry briefly.
- Cut the wild garlic into fine strips and add to the onion. Sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine and simmer.
- Pour in the water, add the whipped cream and crème fraîche and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg and simmer for another 5-7 minutes.