A classic, although little different. I don’t usually prepare stuffed peppers with pointed peppers. Even though it’s a little unusual, it’s at least just as delicious.
For the peppers:
4-6 pcs peppers
150 g rice
2 tablespoons olive oil
300 g minced meat
2 tsp salt
1 pinch of pepper
For the sauce:
30 g butter
30 g flour, gluten-free
1 dash of water
500 g strained tomatoes
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tsp salt
- Cook the rice according to the basic recipe. Allow the cooked rice to cool down.
- Wash the peppers, cut off the top and hollow them out.
- For the tomato sauce, prepare a light roux with butter and flour and add water. Stir constantly so that nothing burns.
- Add the tomatoes, season with vinegar and salt and bring to the boil.
- In the meantime, peel and chop the onion, roast in olive oil in a pan until golden brown.
- Add the minced meat and roast. Let it cool down.
- Mix the rice with the meat. Add the egg, salt and pepper and fill the hollowed peppers.
- Put the tomato sauce in a baking dish, layer the stuffed peppers on top.
- Cook in the oven at 180°C for about 25 minutes.
If you have leftover filling, simply form balls and cook them in tomato sauce in the oven.