Puff Pastry Snails
1 pack of puff pastry
100 g sour cream or crème fraîche
100 g diced bacon
1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees top/bottom heat and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry.
- Spread the sour cream on the dough.
- Spread the diced bacon and grated Parmesan on the dough.
- Shape into a roll and cut snails about 1.5 cm wide.
- Place these on the baking sheet, brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake the snails at 200 degrees for about 20 minutes until golden.
You can use Mozzarella, Gouda or Emmental depending on your taste or availability.