Whenever it has to be quick, I like to grab puff pastry snacks. They are easy and quick to prepare and incredibly delicious. The smell in the kitchen is wonderful when you take the snails out of the oven. You can make a variety of fillings. In this case, I only had cottage cheese at home – and it definitely paid off.
Puff Pastry Snail with Cottage Cheese
1 pack of puff pastry
1 pkg Cottage Cheese
100 g diced bacon
1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees top/bottom heat and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry.
- Spread the cottage cheese over the dough.
- Spread the diced bacon over the dough.
- Shape into a roll and cut snails about 1.5 cm wide.
- Place these on the baking sheet, brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake the snails at 200 degrees for about 20 minutes until golden.