Get ready for a delicious yet decorative Easter recipe: Puff Pastry Easter Bunnies! These cute little bunnies made of crispy puff pastry are filled with a delicious nut mixture and homemade grape jelly. As an eye-catcher, colourful, dyed eggs must not be missing. They are not only delicious, but also a great way to spice up your Easter decorations and impress your guests. Whether you serve them as a sweet dessert or as a snack for the Easter table, these puff pastry Easter bunnies are sure to be a hit.
Puff Pastry Easter Bunny
1 pkg puff pastry
Grape jelly or other jam
- Preheat the oven to 200°C top/bottom heat and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry.
- Spread the nut filling over half the dough.
- Spread the grape jelly on top.
- Fold the pastry in half and then cut strips.
- Place the coloured egg on the tray lined with baking paper, place a strip of pastry around the egg. At the pointed end of the egg, twist the pastry twice to form the bunny ears.
- Brush the bunnies with beaten egg and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
- Bake the bunnies at 200°C for about 15 to 20 minutes until golden.
- After they have cooled, sprinkle with icing sugar.