When I was a kid, there was one dish I always loved: Paprika Chicken. This hearty and tasty dish was often prepared by my grandmother and it always reminds me of cosy family dinners at our house. Paprika chicken is a traditional Hungarian dish and consists of juicy chicken meat served in a rich paprika sauce. It is a simple but delicious dish that is ideal for a cosy dinner with friends and family. Here is my recipe for paprika chicken that I would like to share with you.
3 onions, large
1 glove garlic
3 tbsp paprika powder (sweet)
2 tbsp. gluten-free flour
100 ml whipped cream
1 tsp salt
200 ml sour cream
400 ml clear chicken soup
2 tbsp oil for the pan
4 organic chicken breasts
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and fry in oil, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Peel the onion and garlic and sauté in oil.
- Add the paprika powder, flour, tomato paste and paprika and sauté.
- Add the tomatoes and fill up with the chicken soup and simmer covered for 15 minutes – stirring often.
- Add the chicken and cook over a low heat for about 25-30 minutes.
- Now stir in the whipped cream and sour cream. Serve with gnocchi or spaetzle.