If you’re looking for a simple yet sophisticated recipe that will get your taste buds dancing, then you should definitely try this oven-cooked radicchio with cheese. Radicchio is an intensely red, bitter leafy vegetable, and baking it enhances its flavours and gives it a unique taste. Combined with melted cheese, this radicchio becomes a culinary delight that enhances any meal. Whether as a side dish with meat or as a vegetarian main course – this oven-cooked radicchio with cheese is guaranteed to be a hit at any meal.
3 small radicchio ‘Rossa di Treviso’
250 g mixed grated cheese (Emmental, Mozarella, mountain cheese)
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp thyme
- Wash the courgettes and cut them into small pieces. Place in a baking dish drizzled with sunflower oil.
- Grate the cheese, mix in the eggs and spices and place on top of the courgettes.
- Cut the radicchio into quarters and place on top of the mixture. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bake the radicchio for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts before serving.