900 – 1000 g lamb fillet
- Preheat the oven to 140°C.
- Trim the lamb fillet and remove the tendons.
- Crush 3 cloves of garlic with the back of a knife. Strip rosemary.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Roast the lamb all over with the garlic and rosemary over a high heat for 2 minutes.
- Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Put 1/2 tablespoon butter on the baking sheet. Place the lamb on the butter and thyme. Cook in the oven at 140°C for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the lamb and let it rest just before serving. Gladly put in aluminum foil.
If you want to do the cooking test with a thermometer, then the optimum core temperature is between 60-62°C for a rack of lamb with bones and between 58-60°C for a lamb fillet.