A tantalizing marriage of flavors awaits you in this extraordinary recipe: our Kumquat Raspberry Jam. The vibrant combination of sweet and sour kumquats and juicy raspberries gives this jam a unique twist. While the kumquats bring a citrusy intensity, the raspberries provide a harmonious softness.
Kumquat Raspberry Jam
500 g raspberries
500 g kumquats
500 g jam sugar 2:1
a little amaretto
some citric acid
- Wash the kumquats well, then cut them crosswise (not lengthwise) and pick out the seeds (crosswise is better with a pointed knife).
- I then cut about 200 g into very thin strips (the fruit is processed with the peel). 3.
- The rest I chop coarsely with a magic wand or in the Thermomix.
- Mix the whole mass with the jelling sugar and leave it in a cool place overnight.
- Mix all the fruit with the jam sugar in a large saucepan. Bring everything to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook until bubbly, at least 3 minutes.
- Test for gelatinization: pour 1-2 tsp. of the hot mixture onto a plate and allow to cool. If it does not set, continue to boil for 1 min and test again. If the fruit is sweet, it helps to stir in 1 teaspoon of citric acid.
- Stir in Amaretto, then pour into sterilized jars.