Herbed mashed potatoes
600 g potatoes, floury
4 sprigs of parsley
4 sprigs of basil
½ bunch of chives
100 g brown butter
- Chop the herbs.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into pieces of the same size. Cover the potatoes with hot water and season the water with walt. Cook the potatoes over a low heat for 20-25 minutes until soft.
- Drain the potatoes. Put back in the saucepan. Mash with a potato masher.
- Put the butter in a small saucepan and melt it on high.
- Let the butter simmer over medium-high heat until the foam settles back to the bottom and the butter slowly caramelizes and turns a golden brown color.
- Now add the brown butter and herbs to the mashed potatoes.
- Salt the mash to taste.
You are also welcome to put butter at room temperature under the mashed potatoes. However, the brown butter adds flavor and enhances this side dish.