Aromatic and simple: Heeled cabbage goes well not only with roast pork or smoked meat, but also solo, as a snack.
DURATION: 35 MINUTEN
PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTEN
1 tbsp lard
1 teaspoon caraway
250 ml vegetable stock
salt & pepper
- Cut the cabbage into pieces and coat with oil and caraway seeds.
- Roast gently the cabbage on both sides in lard.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the vegetable stock on top.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the bacon and let it steep for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with caraway seeds and fresh chilli, depending on your taste.
GOOD TO KNOW
Here prepared with pointed cabbage. Its taste is more subtle and finer than that of white cabbage. The cultivation of pointed cabbage is declining, as normal white cabbage is easier to machine due to its round heads and has higher yields.