Christmas tree on a stick with pesto
1 puff pastry
some grated cheese (Emmental)
Egg for brushing
Sesame for sprinkling
- Roll out the puff pastry, spread halfway with pesto. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Now place the second half of the puff pastry over the filling.
- Cut the puff pastry into strips about 2 cm wide.
- Preheat the oven to 200° Celsius.
- Stick a strip of puff pastry onto a wooden skewer.
- Brush with a beaten egg, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 200° Celsius for about 20 minutes until golden.
Buy your pesto or make your own carrot green pesto or delicious spinach pesto.
Good to know
The puff pastry is a delicious, multi-layered dough that is made in several steps. The dough gets its characteristics from the incorporation of layers of fat through repeated rolling out and folding.