Today I would like to share with you a super simple and delicious recipe for a chocolate mug cake. This cake is perfect for those who don’t like complicated baking recipes but still want something sweet. You don’t need a scale or a mixer to make this mug cake. It’s easy to measure out the ingredients in the sour cream cup and simply mix them together with a wooden spoon. And the best thing about it? You only need a few ingredients and the result is a moist and chocolaty cake that’s perfect as a snack or dessert. Let’s get started and make the chocolate mug cake!
Chocolate mug cake
1 cup flour
1 cup cocoa
1 pkg baking powder
¾ cup oil
1 cup sugar
3 pc eggs
1 cup grated nuts
1 cup sour cream
- You do not need a scale for a cup cake. All ingredient quantities are measured with a cup. In this recipe, an empty sour cream cup is used as a measure for the ingredients.
- For the chocolate mug cake, first preheat the oven to 180°C (upper-lower heat) and brush a loaf tin with oil or butter and dust with a little flour.
- Then mix the flour with the baking powder.
- Then mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the dough into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes. When cool, sprinkle the cake with icing sugar.
For me, the amount of dough is always enough for a small Gugelhupf. I love to decorate the table on Sunday mornings with a pretty mug cake.