The bushy green of the carrot contains more calcium than the root and is relatively mild in taste. It can be used in raw form, like parsley, to flavor salads or soups and as a vital ingredient in green smoothies. Or prepare it into a tasty carrot green pesto.
Carrot green pesto
150 g carrot greens
2 cloves of garlic
100 g almonds
100 ml olive oil
50 g parmesan
- Wash carrot greens thoroughly and pluck leaves from thick stems. Pat dry.
- Place all ingredients in the mixing bowl of the Thermomix and chop finely for 20 seconds on speed
- 10 to make a creamy pesto.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add more olive oil if needed.
Good to know
Carrot greens are rather a valuable part of the carrot plant and rich in valuable nutrients, including calcium.
Important: When shopping, make sure they are organic carrots. In organic farming, synthetic chemical fertilizers and agricultural poisons are not allowed. This not only protects the environment and our soils, but also your health.
What else can you conjure up from carrot greens? There are no limits to your creativity. You can prepare smoothies, use the greens to flavor soups and salads.