Even Engelsaugen or Husarenkrapferl named.
21 dag flour
15 dag butter
7 dag of sugar
1 packet vanilla sugar
5 dag peeled, grated almonds
2 egg yolks
Zest of a lemon
1 pinch of salt
- Crumble the flour with the cold butter. Always use cold butter for shortcrust pastry.
- Add all other ingredients and work into a smooth dough.
- Leave to rest in cling film for ½ hour.
- Form small balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Make a small well with a wooden spoon.
- Brush with egg yolk.
- Bake at 180°C until golden brown.
- Immediately fill the cavity with jam while the biscuits are still hot.
There are other delicious sweet recipes for processing the egg whites: macarons or widow’s kisses.